February 27th, 2017
Lead Climbing Course
Please call us on 01483 566880 to book this course!
- 4 hours of professional lead climbing instruction from our highly trained and enthusiastic instructors
- Clipping in to quickdraws
- Belaying a lead climber
- Taking and holding lead falls
- Communication and Safety-Checks (how to clearly communicate at the start and end of each climb to ensure that both belayer and climber are ready for action!)
- Advanced Climbing Techniques (looking for rest positions, conserving energy and moving through steep climbs)
- All safety equipment whilst you’re on the course; Rope, Harness, Climbing Shoes, Belay Device and Karabiners (participants are welcome to use their own)
Many climbers find it difficult to make the transition from top roped to lead climbing and although lead climbing can be a more satisfying and enjoyable way of climbing it can also be more dangerous, if done badly. Our course is designed to give participants the most thorough introduction possible whilst under the watchful eye of their instructor.
£99 per person
Private Lead Climbing Course:
Group of up to 2 people £198
Private sessions can be booked at any time, subject to availability.
BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL for all Craggy Island Courses!
Booking lines open 10am-9:30pm weekdays and 10am-6pm weekends. Call us on 0344 880 8866 or email us.
Bookings are non-refundable 1-week prior to the start of the booked activity.
All sessions are conducted by one or more of Craggy’s qualified members of staff who are highly trained, qualified and passionate about providing climbing in an exhilarating but safe manner!