Youth Climbing Team selection for 2016/2017 season!
Would you like to try out for the Craggy Island Youth Climbing Team? If so, here’s how to put yourself up for selection…
Download Youth Team Application Form here!
What do we offer members of the Youth Climbing Team?
The Craggy Island Youth Climbing Team is a select group of young climbers who either already show great form in competitions or have the potential to climb well in that environment.
Being a member of the Team opens up the following opportunities for young climbers:
- Full support from Craggy Island – all of your climbing, tuition, coaching, advice and team kit is provided free of charge. The only things that we do not cover the cost of are personal climbing equipment and travel to competitions as we feel it is very important that parents are involved in their child’s climbing too and ask that they support their child in attending the competitions that they choose to.
- Team members climb for free at all Craggy Island centres. We also encourage parents to be involved by offering them free climbing when they come in with their child – to either supervise, belay or climb with them. If parents are not climbers already then we will offer you a Beginner Course or Lead Climbing Course so you can have a thorough understanding of what your child is undertaking.
- Members of the team are still encouraged to attend our Kids Club if they wish as we believe that climbing should be about fun first and fore-most and want to ensure that all of our young climbers maintain a healthy attitude towards both their climbing and the other youngsters that they share their love of the sport with. Attendance to our Kids Club is provided free of charge in this instance.
- Weekly 2-hour coaching sessions are provided by our in-house team – Danie Rushmer, Team Manager & Coach, Mark Croxall, Head Coach, Howard Blyth, Coach and Graeme Harwood, Coach. All of our coaches have a huge level of experience as individuals and between them are able to provide a diverse and high level of advice on all aspects of climbing, training and competing. With their involvement also reaching out to the GB Junior Team and BMC National and Regional Academies this is one of the most experienced coaching teams available to a non-national team here in the UK.
- In addition to the sessions provided on a weekly basis we also call in other highly regarded coaches for additional sessions. The most recent of which was provided by Ian Dunn, GB Junior Team Manager who ran a day-long workshop with the team looking at warming up, performance analysis, lead climbing and core strength.
- Our coaching team also attend significant competitions and events to support the team. This is also provided free of charge within the UK and by arrangement in Europe. Whilst attending competitions and events our coaches are able to provide assistance with warming up, preparation, route-reading, advice on specific moves or problems and assistance in making sure youngsters are in the right place at the right time!
Download Youth Team Application Form here!
The format for Selection this year is different to previous years.
Anyone wishing to be considered for Team will need to complete a Youth Team Application form. Once completed, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop in at Reception for attention of Danie. Closing date for applications is Wednesday 6th of July 2016.
Successful applicants will then be invited to a Selection Day on Saturday 9th of July 2016 at 10:30-13:00. Further details will be provided as appropriate. There is no charge for the Selection Day.
All children born between 2000 and 2009 are invited to apply. This will be Youth A, Youth B, Youth C, Youth D and Youth E for events during late 2016 and 2017.
The selected Youth Team for 2016/2017 will then be announced on Wednesday 13th of July. All attendees will be informed via email whether they have been selected or not on that day. If you are not selected, we will provide specific feedback as to what you can improve on and how best to develop your climbing.
Please Note: Team trainings and benefits will not start until 1st of September 2016 for new members! You will be required to continue using Craggy in a ‘normal’ manner until then.
If you have any questions or require further information, please contact Danie via email on email@example.com
This entry was posted on Thursday, June 16th, 2016 at 9:00 am and is filed under Craggy Island News, Guildford News, Kids Club, Sutton News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.