This update provides further information regarding COVID-19 – also known as Coronavirus – and specific information for Members, Visitors and Staff when attending Craggy Island.
Sutton – We are OPEN!
Guildford – We are OPEN!
Information updated on Saturday 1st of August 2020
Information on Re-Opening:
We will only be open for Member climbing to start with – no new Registrations and no Instructed sessions.
What is a Member? Members are anyone who has taken and passed their Registration Test/Junior Competency Test to demonstrate that they are a competent climber/boulderer. If you have paid the Annual Membership (£12.50 per year) then you are eligible to come climbing as soon as we open. If you have not paid the Annual Membership but have Registered as above then, you too, will be eligible to come climbing again when we re-open. If in doubt as to your membership status/eligibility, please get in touch by email and we can confirm.
If you have any signs or symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature, a new continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste) DO NOT VISIT US!
Our Opening Times are a little different for when we open again:
- Guildford from Saturday 1st of August – 13:00-21:00 on weekdays and 10:00-18:00 on weekends
- Sutton from Saturday 25th of July – 11:30-22:00 on weekdays and 10:00-18:30 on weekends
Guildford and Sutton will operate slightly differently. Please ensure that you familiarise yourself with the process for entry to your home centre and adhere to that process. There is a chance that you will be refused entry if you don’t follow the procedures that we’ve put in place to enable us to re-open.
Click below for centre-specific information:
Important Information for Members:
If you had a 3 Star Membership with us, this was frozen from Saturday 21st of March 2020. Your membership will be reactivated from the reopening date of your home centre. You will receive an email from us with further information very soon.
If you would like to speak to us regarding your Membership, please contact us using the details at the bottom of this page.
Booking an Instructed Session (Tasters, Parties, Private Tuitions, etc.):
We are not currently offering any Instructed Sessions due to social distancing.
If you would like to make a booking then we are accepting all types of booking from September 2020. All of our availability can be found on our website and booked online here.
Until we re-open, please make enquiries via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org for Guildford enquiries and to email@example.com for Sutton enquiries. We are not able to take phone calls or respond to voicemails until we re-open.
What we are doing for you!
Like all businesses, we have looked carefully at what we can do to make things as safe as reasonably possible for everyone.
- We are requesting that all payments are made by card only as a measure to protect our staff. We will not be accepting cash. You can opt to have your card details saved on our system for future visits to reduce this contact even further.
- We have limited the number of people in the building to allow for social distancing. Please be aware that there may be a wait to check in to climb at Guildford during busier times as a result of this.
- We have removed and spaced some of our routes to enable better distancing in some pinch points around the centre.
- We are running our air cooling extraction/ventilation fans on high to make for the best air quality possible.
- Staff will be cleaning contact points throughout the centre regularly.
- We have completed a thorough risk assessment and are following our industry’s advice on safe re-opening.
What we would like you to do for us!
Craggy is a community of climbers who are all very aware of their own personal safety. We hope these added (and hopefully temporary) precautions make sense and ask you to help us by being mindful of others.
- Be really mindful of others, especially when moving around the centre or letting others pass by you.
- Sanitise your hands before, between climbs and after climbing. There are plenty of sanitiser points around the centre.
- Please arrive dressed appropriately and ready for your climb as there will be restricted access to our changing rooms at this time.
- We encourage the use of liquid chalk instead of dry chalk to help keep the air hygienic in the centre.
- Everyone must check-in at reception, even if you are only coming to use the Shop or Cafe.
- In the interest of health and hygiene we require that tops and shoes must be worn at all times. For example, please bring flip flops to wear between climbs rather than walk barefoot around the centre.
We can’t wait to be back open again and very much hope that you enjoy your visit to us!
We are following official advice from Government and Public Health England (PHE) at all times. Their websites are updated on a regular basis and should always be the first port of call for general and medical advice. The global situation and advice can change rapidly so you should always refer to live information on these websites and we have provided links for these.
Where to find the latest information:
- Updates on COVID-19: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Travel advice for those travelling overseas: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus
If you have any questions, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We are not able to take phone calls or respond to voicemails. If you need to speak to us then please send us an email and we’ll be in touch just as soon as we can, usually within 24 hours.
Looking for something fun to do? Try Wild Wood Adventure, in the heart of Guildford and SAVE 10% with CRAGGY10 at checkout!