This update provides further information regarding COVID-19 – also known as Coronavirus – and specific information for Members, Visitors and Staff when attending Craggy Island.
Guildford – We are OPEN!
Sutton – We are OPEN!
Information updated: Wednesday 14th of July 2021
Click below for centre-specific information:
Guildford and Sutton are operating slightly differently. Please ensure that you familiarise yourself with the process for entry to your home centre and adhere to that process. There is a chance that you will be refused entry if you don’t follow the procedures that we’ve put in place to enable us to open.
If you have any signs or symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature, a new continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste) DO NOT VISIT US!
Booking an Instructed Session (Tasters, Parties, Private Tuitions, etc.):
All of our availability can be found on our website and booked online here.
What we are doing for you!
Like all businesses, we have looked carefully at what we can do to make things as safe as reasonably possible for everyone.
- We are requesting that all payments are made by card only as a measure to protect our staff. We will not be accepting cash. You can opt to have your card details saved on our system for future visits to reduce this contact even further.
- We have limited the number of people in the building to allow for social distancing. Please be aware that there may be a wait to check in to climb at Guildford during busier times as a result of this.
- We have removed and spaced some of our routes to enable better distancing in some pinch points around the centre.
- We are running our air cooling extraction/ventilation fans on high to make for the best air quality possible.
- Staff will be cleaning contact points throughout the centre regularly.
- We have completed a thorough risk assessment and are following our industry’s advice on safe re-opening.
What we would like you to do for us!
Craggy is a community of climbers who are all very aware of their own personal safety. We hope these added precautions make sense and ask you to help us by being mindful of others.
- Be really mindful of others, especially when moving around the centre or letting others pass by you.
- Sanitise your hands before, between climbs and after climbing. There are plenty of sanitiser points around the centre.
- Please arrive dressed appropriately and ready for your climb as there will be restricted access to our changing rooms at this time.
- We encourage the use of liquid chalk instead of dry chalk to help keep the air hygienic in the centre.
- Everyone must check-in at reception, even if you are only coming to use the Shop or Cafe.
- In the interest of health and hygiene we require that tops and shoes must be worn at all times. For example, please bring flip flops to wear between climbs rather than walk barefoot around the centre.
We very much hope that you enjoy your visit to us!
We are following official advice from Government and Public Health England (PHE) at all times. Their websites are updated on a regular basis and should always be the first port of call for general and medical advice. The global situation and advice can change rapidly so you should always refer to live information on these websites and we have provided links for these.
Where to find the latest information:
- Updates on COVID-19: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Travel advice for those travelling overseas: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus