This update provides further information regarding COVID-19 – also known as Coronavirus – and specific information for Members, Visitors and Staff when attending Craggy Island.
Sutton – We are OPEN!
Guildford – We are OPEN!
Information updated on Monday 14th of September 2020
Latest Government Advice:
The Government have announced restrictions on groups meeting socially and this is only allowed up to a maximum of 6 people. However, the Government allow exceptions where groups can be larger than 6 people, including: organised indoor and outdoor sports, physical activity and exercise classes.
- Regular/Member climbing at Craggy is unaffected. We ask that you do not attend with the intention to climb in a group larger than 6 people and self-police this when meeting friends at Craggy, even if it was not your intention to climb as part of a large group when you arrived.
- We will continue to keep contact details for all visitors to the centres in line with our commitments to Track & Trace. There is no change to our procedures in collecting these when you check in at Reception on each visit.
- Instructed Groups: Kids Clubs, Beginner Courses, Birthday Parties, Tasters, etc. These sessions will still go ahead as booked and planned. Craggy Island is considered to be “COVID-Secure”, given the measures we’ve introduced to limit the risks to our customers and staff. Please observe our Bookings Ts & Cs. All that we ask is that you consider how you travel to the centre in order to comply with the guidance whilst outside of Craggy Island.
- We ask that Adults and children aged 11 and over wear a face covering whilst in circulation areas within the centre. This is not required whilst you are in the climbing area.
If you have any questions, please contact the centre that you plan to visit for advice.
Click below for centre-specific information:
If you have any signs or symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature, a new continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste) DO NOT VISIT US!
Our Opening Times are a little different at the moment:
- Guildford – 10am-10pm on weekdays, 9am-7:30pm on Saturdays and 10am-6:30pm on Sundays
- Sutton – 12pm-10pm on weekdays and 10am-7pm on weekends
Guildford and Sutton are operating slightly differently. Please ensure that you familiarise yourself with the process for entry to your home centre and adhere to that process. There is a chance that you will be refused entry if you don’t follow the procedures that we’ve put in place to enable us to open.
Booking an Instructed Session (Tasters, Parties, Private Tuitions, etc.):
All of our availability can be found on our website and booked online here.
What we are doing for you!
Like all businesses, we have looked carefully at what we can do to make things as safe as reasonably possible for everyone.
- We are requesting that all payments are made by card only as a measure to protect our staff. We will not be accepting cash. You can opt to have your card details saved on our system for future visits to reduce this contact even further.
- We have limited the number of people in the building to allow for social distancing. Please be aware that there may be a wait to check in to climb at Guildford during busier times as a result of this.
- We have removed and spaced some of our routes to enable better distancing in some pinch points around the centre.
- We are running our air cooling extraction/ventilation fans on high to make for the best air quality possible.
- Staff will be cleaning contact points throughout the centre regularly.
- We have completed a thorough risk assessment and are following our industry’s advice on safe re-opening.
What we would like you to do for us!
Craggy is a community of climbers who are all very aware of their own personal safety. We hope these added precautions make sense and ask you to help us by being mindful of others.
- Be really mindful of others, especially when moving around the centre or letting others pass by you.
- Sanitise your hands before, between climbs and after climbing. There are plenty of sanitiser points around the centre.
- We will ask all customers to have their temperature checked upon arrival. This is to safeguard all of our customers and staff and we very much appreciate your cooperation to allow us to operate as safely as we possibly can. If you are found to have an unusually high temperature then we will have to refuse entry. Options for a refund/re-schedule will be discussed as necessary.
- Please arrive dressed appropriately and ready for your climb as there will be restricted access to our changing rooms at this time.
- We encourage the use of liquid chalk instead of dry chalk to help keep the air hygienic in the centre.
- Everyone must check-in at reception, even if you are only coming to use the Shop or Cafe.
- In the interest of health and hygiene we require that tops and shoes must be worn at all times. For example, please bring flip flops to wear between climbs rather than walk barefoot around the centre.
We can’t wait to be back open again and very much hope that you enjoy your visit to us!
We are following official advice from Government and Public Health England (PHE) at all times. Their websites are updated on a regular basis and should always be the first port of call for general and medical advice. The global situation and advice can change rapidly so you should always refer to live information on these websites and we have provided links for these.
Where to find the latest information:
- Updates on COVID-19: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Travel advice for those travelling overseas: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus
Looking for something fun to do? Try Wild Wood Adventure, in the heart of Guildford and SAVE 10% with CRAGGY10 at checkout!