Information last updated: Sunday 16th May
We remind customers that if you have a recent onset of the following symptoms: a new continuous cough / high temperature / loss of sense of smell or taste, please do not visit us.
During Your Visit to Craggy Island
- All visitors must check in at Reception.
- Adults (18+) can now meet in groups of up to 6 or two households. Social distancing still applies.
- Under 18s can climb in mixed groups of any size. All of our sessions take place in groups of 6 participants maximum.
- We are asking all climbers to try to limit their visit to a maximum 2hrs during peak times, to allow for other users to be able to use the facility.
- HANDS: Customers must maintain good hand hygiene by washing hands frequently and using hand sanitiser before-, in between-, and after climbing.
- FACE: Face coverings are to be worn on arrival and throughout the centre. You do not need to wear a face covering while physically climbing. Please use a face covering wherever possible, especially when within 2 metres of others. Normal exemptions apply.
- SPACE: Take care to social distance while moving around the centre, when choosing routes and when belaying and respect other centre users during your visit.
- Shoes and tops must be worn for the duration of your climbing session.
- Our unique NHS COVID-19 QR code can be found in the entryway, which you can use in tandem with the new NHS app to register your visit to the centre directly with the NHS. Please note you will still need to check-in via reception.
- Children’s Parties, Mini & Junior Taster Sessions and Climbing Clubs are all running and available to book.
- Adult Beginner Courses, Refreshers and Taster Sessions resume 17th May 2021.
- Bart’s Cafe is open from 17th May. Rule of 6, or two household restrictions apply.
- We ask all customers to arrive 10-15 mins before their session is due to start.
- Spectator areas are limited.
- Electronic waiver forms must be completed before arrival.
- We encourage customers with their own equipment to use this during their session.
- Once your session has ended, please vacate the centre promptly so we can allow other users to enter.
- We ask all customers to maintain good hand hygiene, adhere to social distancing measures and respect other climbers during their visit.
- Craggy Island is “Good to Go”, having introduced numerous measures to limit risks to customers and staff.
- Please observe our Booking Ts & Cs and consider how you travel to the centre in order to comply with current guidance.
Plan your Visit
- We will be operating as before with a turn-up and climb process for registered casual climbers rather than implementing a pre-booking system.
- We have reduced the maximum visitor capacity to manage social distancing in the centre, which may cause slight delays to your entry at peak times.
- If you have the flexibility in your schedule, you may wish to consider planning your visit during off-peak times.
- We are only accepting card payments and no longer accept cash at Reception. Speed up your entry by saving card details to your account or switch to monthly membership – just £49 (adult), £45 (concession), £25 (age 14-17) for unlimited climbing.
- New registrations are welcome by:
- Registration Test: If you know your knots and how to belay, you can take your registration test at Reception when you arrive (no need to pre-book).
- Boulder Induction: If you’ve never been to Craggy before and just want to boulder, you can book a 20-minute Bouldering Induction with one of our Instructors.
- As a Novice under supervision: If you wish to bring Novices to the centre, please complete a Novice Supervision form online ahead of your visit. Contact us to check your supervisor status.
- Ladies Session & Social Sessions will not run until further notice. These sessions are instructor-led and encourage members to partner with someone they may not know, which we currently consider to be not appropriate. This decision will be reviewed regularly.
- Holds – It would be impossible to clean the holds and ropes between usages. We encourage customers to use the sanitising stations between climbs and to regularly wash hands during their visit.
- Ventilation – We have an excellent ventilation system. The 3 units around the centre run 24/7. This means not only less chalk dust in the air but a constant supply of fresh air being drawn into the centre throughout the day. You may have to climb harder to keep warm!
- Cleaning – We have increased centre cleaning with an in-house Cleaning team and Duty Manager team who work to keep touchpoints, high-traffic areas and customer facilities sanitised with antiviral products both outside of opening hours and throughout the day.
- Equipment – We quarantine and/or sanitise all our safety equipment between uses in line with the manufacturer’s recommendations. Kit hire is available at Reception.
- Changing area – Please arrive ready to climb, our changing facilities are limited, and showers are unavailable.
- Dog policy – We regretfully do not allow dogs in the centre for hygiene reasons.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.