Information last updated: Sunday 18th July 2021
- All visitors must check in with Reception. Please be aware your data may be shared with NHS Test and Trace in the event of a COVID-19 outbreak.
- We remind customers that if you have a recent onset of the following symptoms: a new continuous cough / a high temperature/loss of sense of smell or taste, please do not visit us.
During Your Visit to Craggy Island
- Hands: Continue to wash hands frequently and use hand sanitiser before-, in between-, and after climbing.
- Face: We still encourage masks/face coverings to be worn on arrival and throughout the centre wherever you cannot maintain a 2-metre distance from others unless you are climbing or eating. Protective screens will remain in Reception and the team will continue to wear face coverings while instructing.
- Space: Take care to socially distance while moving around the centre, when choosing routes and when belaying. Respect other centre users during your visit.
- Test & Trace: Our unique NHS COVID-19 QR code can be found in Reception, which you can use to register your visit to the centre directly with the NHS. Please note you will still need to check in via reception. Note: The NHS Covid app recommends “pausing contact tracing if your phone is stored in a locker or communal area while working or taking part in a leisure activity.”
- Capacity: We will continue to have a reduced maximum visitor capacity which may cause slight delays to your entry at peak times
Plan your Visit
- No Pre-Booking Required: We will continue to operate a turn-up and climb process for registered casual climbers rather than implementing a pre-booking system.
- Off-Peak: If you have the flexibility in your schedule, you may wish to consider planning your visit during off-peak times
- Card Only: We are only accepting card payments and no longer accept cash at Reception. Speed up your entry by saving card details onto your account or switch to monthly membership – just £49 (adult), £45 (concession), £30 (age 14-17), £20 (age 5-13) for unlimited climbing.
- New Climbers:
- Registration Test: If you know your knots and how to belay, you can take your registration test at Reception when you arrive (no need to pre-book).
- Boulder Induction: If you’ve never been to Craggy before and just want to boulder, you can book a 20-minute Bouldering Induction with one of our Instructors.
- Novice Under Supervision: If you wish to bring Novices to the centre, please complete a Novice Supervision form online ahead of your visit. Contact us to check your supervisor status.
- Social Session & Ladies Session: These will remain on hold for now as these sessions encourage members to partner with someone they may not know. This decision will be reviewed regularly.
- Clothing: Please keep shoes and tops on for the duration of your climbing session.
- Changing area: Please arrive ready to climb, our changing facilities are limited and showers are unavailable.
- Ventilation: The ventilation system at Craggy Island replaces the air every 6 minutes and is run 24 hours a day. This means much less chalk dust and also a constant supply of fresh air being drawn into the centre throughout the day.
- Cleaning: We have increased centre cleaning with an in-house cleaning and Duty Manager team who work to keep touch-points, high-traffic areas and customer facilities sanitised with antiviral products.
- Equipment: We quarantine and/or sanitise all of our safety equipment in line with the manufacturer’s recommendations. Equipment is available for hire at Reception.
- Holds: It would be impracticable to clean the holds and ropes between uses; we encourage the use of sanitising stations between climbs and regular hand washing.
- Dog policy: We do not allow dogs in the centre for hygiene reasons.
- Book Now: Adult Courses, Parties, Taster Sessions and Climbing Clubs will all go ahead as scheduled and are all bookable online.
- We ask customers to arrive 10-15 mins before their session is due to start.
- Spectator areas are limited.
- Electronic waiver forms must be completed before arrival.
- We encourage customers to use their own equipment wherever possible.
- Once your session has ended, please ensure to vacate the centre promptly so we can allow other users to enter.
- Craggy Island is considered to be “COVID-Secure”, given the measures we’ve introduced to limit the risks to our customers and staff. Please observe our Bookings Ts & Cs and Refund and Cancellation Policy. Please consider how you travel to the centre in order to comply with the current guidance whilst outside Craggy Island.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.